Sat, Jul 13, 2024
Kids Nest daycare in Brunswick has licensed revoked
Uncategorized

Kids Nest daycare in Brunswick has licensed revoked

  • PublishedJune 13, 2024



16-month-old Jamal Bryant died after a piece of watermelon was lodged in his throat. A report said it took one minute and 48 seconds for staff to call 911.

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — A day care in Brunswick, where a child choked and later died, will have its license revoked.

The child, Jamal Bryant, died after a piece of watermelon was lodged in his throat. He later died at the hospital. A report from DECAL says the staff waited one minute and 48 seconds before calling 911.

The Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL), also called Bright from the Start, issued a license revocation for the Kids Nest Learning Center Thursday.

According to a notice of revocation written by Bright from the Start, the department found there were rule violations which “seriously affected the health and safety of children and demonstrated the intentional and reckless disregard for the physical and mental health and safety of children.” 

DECAL requires at least 50% of caregiver staff to successfully complete biennial training for CPR. According to the incident investigative report released earlier this week, only one of the five staff members at Kids Nest had valid CPR training. Because of this, DECAL states staff members did not have the training to provide adequate first aid.

The owner of the day care has ten days to appeal the revocation to an administrative law judge. 

If Kids Nest chooses to appeal, they will not be allowed to reopen during the appeal process. 



Source link

Written By
johndweiner@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *