|Indo-US Chamber Youth Leadership “created in 2014, is a year-long program that brings together a select and diverse group of high school students with demonstrated leadership ability. It was created as a vehicle to stimulate the growth and development of young leadership in our community”. It prepares young individuals to become ethical leaders committed to activate community involvement.
Program dates: July – June
Indo-US Youth Leadership Council events and programs will focus on two main areas: Leadership and Service to our Community. Programs may include but not limited to Charity, Fund Raising, and making a difference in everyday life.
What are the Program Goals?
- To develop into a responsible, ethical leader committed to help community.
- To develop effective communication and decision making skills with leadership qualities.
- To share an interest and show increased awareness of needs of our community, their problems, opportunities, and resources.
- To gain a greater understanding of present day issues through interaction and find solutions thru problem solving with peers, community leaders and decision makers from all segments of the community.
- To provide hands-on experience with specific facets of the community such as diversity, government, human services, and business. Each event combines a behind-the-scenes experience with a great deal of interaction with the appropriate community leaders.